CSAP-affiliated faculty Alan Gerber and Greg Huber were among the featured panelists in a webinar hosted by Yale Engage, a new initiative by the FAS Division of Social Science to promote collaboration in combatting COVID-19. The webinar titled, “The Social, Economic, and Policy Implications beyond COVID-19,” was held on June 17, 2020 and moderated by FAS Dean Tamar Gendler. The panel included:
- Zack Cooper, Associate Professor of Public Health (Health Policy), Associate Professor of Economics, and Faculty Affiliate in the Institution for Social and Policy Studies
- Alan Gerber, FAS Dean of the Social Science Division and Professor of Political Science with secondary appointments in Economics, Statistics & Data Science, and Public Health
- Gregory Huber, Professor and Chair of Political Science’
- Chima Ndumele, Associate Professor of Public Health (Health Policy) and Faculty Affilate in the Institution for Social and Policy Studies
- Nande Pande, Professor of Economics and Director of the Economic Growth Center
Topics included the particular knowledge, expertise and diverse methodological tools that the social sciences bring to bear in addressing cultural, political, economic, and behavioral aspects of the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.